Friday, November 30, 2007

Trespass - Part 1

With nearly a full load of ammo and vengeance on my mind following the loss of Jester, the next goal is to locate and capture a communications trailer owned by the North Koreans.



The trailer was close to where Jester was laid to rest as noted in my last post. Capturing the communications trailer was pretty much effortless and we ended up splitting up again. Looks like I will be Lone Wolf for a while - which isn't a bad thing for me. In fact, it is something that has followed my military career these last several years.

I just received word that a hostage situation has emerged not too far from where I am currently located. Headquarters believes that the hostage may be one or more of the American scientists that we're here to rescue!

My objectives were updated on the Heads-Up Display and I began to walk in the direction of the marker.

Just as I rounded the corner, I ran into a group of Korean soldiers in a hummer. Taking some cover, I was able to eliminate the soldiers and keep the Hummer in tact this time - which I might need down the road. Lesson learned from earlier - try to salvage the enemy's heavy equipment.

I nearly got picked off by a sniper in the trees. So instead of staying on the main path, I decided to sneak through the trees until I located my sniper friend. I had hoped to seize his sniper rifle after elimination, but I could never locate the weapon. Not sure if it fell off the cliff or what happened, but I am still using my SCAR and the FY71 I seized shortly after my crash landing on the island.

Next, an objective was added that I needed to access the NK tactical network. Perhaps this would provide me with the additional information regarding the hostage situation. The network access point was on the top of the hill where I found the sniper - plus about three of his closest friends.

At the bottom of the hill, I located a road block complete with 4 -5 North Korean soldiers. After slowly taking them out of the picture, I was able to seize a rocket launcher, which I plan to use in my next round of battles.



After getting up the hill, I was able to get past the resistance and download data from the NK tactical network. As I expected, more information was available regarding the hostage situation. Turns out the hostage is located in an abandoned school house in the middle of the village. My heads up display was further updated.

The drawback from using the rocket launcher to get this information, is that a group of soldiers were heading my way up the hill - ready to talk with me about my intentions on the island. This time, I decided I would let technology help with the battle now.



I enabled the clock feature of my Nanosuit and was able to sit on the rocks while the soldiers looked around for me - no longer knowing my actual location. Once they were in range, I used a couple of grenades to knock them out.

At the top of the hill again, I dropped my SCAR and picked up a sniper rifle - complete with eight bullets. Man, I wish I would have located the other sniper rifle, because I might have ended up with 16 bullets now.

I was able to take out about four soldiers with the sniper rifle because their constant movement made for a tough shot. Next, I decided to use the rocket launcher. I noticed what appeared to be a gas station in the village. Surely, there is still enough gas in those pumps to make a big explosion.



So, I took aim for the pumps and launched a rocket toward outer edge of the village. Within an instant, the gas station burst into flames. A few seconds later, another explosion occurred as a second gas line must have been hit.

Next, I launched a rocket toward one of the large machine guns. The two rockets managed to eliminate a few more soldiers, but I still had a lot of work ahead of me.



My next goal will be to get into that village and hopefully rescue the one or more hostages located in the old school building. Before heading down there, I decided to retrieve my SCAR and leave the sniper rifle behind ... for now.

More later.


Nomad ... signing out.