Sunday, December 9, 2007

Infiltrate the Research Dome

I managed to sneak around to the far side of the research dome using the cloak feature of the Nanosuit. A few lone guards were left outside the facility, who were pretty easy to take care of - especially since their mounted guns would not rotate in my direction.



I jumped down into the ground below and entered the rear of the facility first, using cloak often. There was no one in the rear trailers of the facility. To avoid being surprised, I returned to my drop point and went to the front of the dome. Again, no KPA soldiers were found. There was also no sign of the hostages either.

So I made my way into the trailers that lead to the research dome. I found a keypad attached to a door that led inside the dome. It wasn't locked, because I was able to use it without any issues.

The door opened and I went cloak to enter unnoticed. What I saw was a large monitor in the top of the dome. Down below, was one of the American scientists. Actually, it was the lead American scientist, Dr. Rosenthal! He was still alive too!



He was operating a computer near something that kind of looked like the device that had taken at least two of my team members. Several sensors were connected to the metal machine laying on the ground. The difference between this machine, is that this one was laying dormant. This one didn't look near as big as the one that captured my team members, either. Of course, that could be the difference from one hoving above you trying to take your life vs sitting on the side of the dirt, powered off.

As I moved from cover to cover in order to get a closer view of Rosenthal, I could tell that he was surprised by the readings on the computer. His voice began to panic as he told those he was talking to on the monitor that we must abort at once. Something abnormal was happening at that very second!



They disconnected from their video conference and I jumped down in front of Rosenthal. He asked who I was, I told him I was US Delta Force. He told me that we needed to abort as soon as possible. My suit flashed blue. Crud, something bad normally happens when the suit turns blue ... because that's what happened right before Prophet was taken.

This time the dome turned to ice. In a second, Rosenthal was frozen to his death. His last words were to give me the location of the last two remaining scientists. They are both in the hands of the KPA leader, Commander Kyong. One of those two is his daughter, Helana.



There was no saving Rosenthal. His remains would be preserved for quite a while, given the fact that he is covered in several inches of ice. So, I focused on finding out where the KPA leader and the two American scientists are located.



Headquarters came through. The last two American scientists are being held by General Kyong in a mining complex in the mountains. The location appears to be downstream of the river I saw earlier ... looks like I am going to get to use that boat I saw earlier after all.

I need to get on my way. I will be back in touch soon.


Nomad ... signing out.