Friday, January 4, 2008

Infiltrate the Mining Complex - Part 2

I managed to find a weapons supply trailer at a level just below the entrance to the mine. Prior to the helicopter explosion, the support troops had cleared the area before I arrived to this point. Thanks again, guys! I sure hope they are still alive ... I want to thank them in person after this mission is complete.

I had to focus, because more Nanosuit Korean People's Army (KPA) troops were heading my way. I wonder if I look this freaky with my suit on?



Using cloak until I was less than five meters away, I unleashed three shots by the Gauss rifle to destroy the first KPA troop wearing a Nanosuit. This brought about more troops in standard attire, who were easy to eliminate by comparison.

Once the area was clear, I reached my objective. The mine shaft entrance was before me.



I looked around for extra ammo for my submachine gun before heading into the shaft.

Walking into the shaft was quiet ... that is, until I reached the room inside the door.



Here, I was met with more resistance, as a couple KPA Nanosuits, who I am going to call KPA-Nanos, were guarding the area. I wondered if I was going to have enough ammo left in my Gauss rifle to deal with the aliens.

Then, I decided that I needed to stay alive and the Gauss rifle is the only thing that is going to keep me alive, as long as those KPA-Nanos are around. Plus, they are carrying these huge machine guns - so maybe I can use one of those if worse comes to worse.

Moving through the mine shaft, I was able to navigate toward the beacon with my only challenge to avoid being hit by large boulders that were crashing down near me. At one point, I thought I was going to die as a result of being crushed by a rock. That would truly stink, going this entire way, only to be destroyed by a falling rock. Not something one would want on their tombstone, I might add!

Following the signal, I began to hear voices. Am I finally getting close to the location of the hostages?

I moved closer and saw a bunch of computers and people working around the computers!



From what I could tell, I found the remaining two US scientists and General Kyong - all in the same place! I just had to plan my next steps carefully, so we could deal with evacuating the scientists and then figure out a plan to take out these machines once and for all.

I stood up to begin my route toward Kyong's body guards.

Just as I stood up, I was surprised by one of the KPA-Nano's standing right next to me!



Crud! He just hit me hard enough to wake up my dentist back in the USA!

I am not sure if I am going to make it past this point ... but my head and mouth certainly wishes I would just stop living at this point - from all the pain of being on the other end of a killer punch!

I guess I know how it feels to be hit at full force with our Nanosuit technology.

My vitals are low. I am passing out. I might not be back.

Nomad ... signing out.